Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Passing of Time

As time passes i see the good in my friends and acquaintances...and the bad. It disheartens me that as of late i have dealt with a friend attempting suicide, and several falling into a life of crime the likes of which i could not prevent and was thus forced to cut all ties. On top of this i have so far seen several friends succumb to narcotics and while i am aware that i will most likely not be able to salvage their lives and save them if they don't want the help, I still try.
I find myself realizing more and more how difficult it is to retain a true friendship with anyone as you grow older, let alone in the first responder profession.

If anyone is willing to share a brief story relating to this then feel free, i'd love to see how others have coped with loved ones and friends falling due to these sinister life issues

--Burnout





Song of the Week: Trik Turner- Friends & Family

No comments:

Post a Comment